11 May 2008

Alaska Musings

Cory here. Since I'm in Alaska right now for a conference I thought I better put up a quick post to show a few of the sights. I stopped in Ketchikan for a few days to visit the Schills. This was the last hurrah since they're moving back to the lower 48 in July. I'm glad I was able to make it up there one more time. They are great hosts and we had a lot of fun hiking, playing racquetball, eating wings and smoked salmon, and having a game night at their place. We played a board game called Blokus, which I highly recommend.

Now, I'm in Fairbanks, where the sun will set tonight at 11:00 and rise again at 4:00 in the morning. That will give me a chance to get out and do some evening sightseeing while I'm here.

Enjoy some of the pictures I've taken so far.

Mount Rainier was right out my window as I flew into Seattle.



The view from 1500 ft. as Schill and I hiked up Deer Mountain. We were turned back by too much snow on the trail shortly after this.



The view as we landed at Petersburg.



Mount McKinley (Denali)

No comments: