15 September 2010

Vegas baby!

As most of you probably already know, Vegas sure is an interesting place!! I can see where it got it's nickname! I had a great first-timer visit this past weekend with my girlfriend, Nicole. We stayed at the New York-New York.

The M&M store was right across the street, so we spent some time wandering around in there.
We did a TON of walking up and down the strip. I think my favorite hotel/shops was the Venetian. I loved the store fronts and the feel of being right in Italy - canals with gondolas and singing Italians (okay, maybe not really!) and all!
These guys were on the same street corner every day! Can you imagine being the guy in the "Welcome to fabulous Las Vegas" sign?!! (Yes, there is a person in there!)
Of course, we hit the Hard Rock.
And saw the dancing waters at the Bellagio.
We caught the tail-end of the Botanical Gardens in the Bellagio, too. They were in the process of tearing them out to change seasons so we only got a glimpse - bummer!
This exhibit, in one of the shopping lobbies, was made of ice that was slowly melting. Each day was a new view!
There were also a bunch of "pet tornadoes" in the same lobby.
On our last night we went up to the top of the Eiffel Tower. It is half the height of the real thing and it seemed very high! I don't know how I ever made it at the top of the real thing...I was young and blissfully ignorant to heights then!
From the top there were some amazing views of the strip!
We had a great long weekend. My favorite part...good company, relaxing by the pool, and the much deserved pedi after all that walking! It was a successful Girls Weekend, one that will have to be repeated at another fun location in the future!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Great post Jamie - happy to see your pictures!